The IFD of the Department of Fertilizers (DoF) is headed by Additional Secretary & Financial Advisor who is assisted by a Director (Finance), Director (Budget), Asstt. Financial Advisor (Under Secretary), two Section Officers and a small complement of staff in Finance-I and Finance-II unit.
Broadly, the work being handled in IFD includes the following :-
- Examination and finalization of Annual Budget.
- Preparation of various financial statements to be furnished along with Final Statements of Budget Estimates.
- Consolidation and printing of Demands for Grants.
- Proposals relating to re-appropriation of funds.
- Proposals relating to Supplementary Demands for Grants.
- Vote on Account.
- Quarterly Projections/waiver of quarterly ceilings.
- All proposals of Administrative Divisions for financial advice including policy proposals.
- Financial concurrence on claims relating to subsidy payments for imported urea/indigenous and imported P&K Phosphatic fertilizers such as DAP, SSP, Complex fertilizers etc..
- Coordination work relating to meeting of the Standing Parliamentary Committee for Department of Fertilizers for discussions on Demands for Grants.
- Proposals for Standing Financial Committee (SFC) and Expenditure Finance Committee (EFC).
- Vetting of Audit paras.