Production and Inputs
P&I Division under E&S Wing is headed by Economic Adviser. He advises the Department on various issues relating to fertilizer sector such as research activities and economic analysis of specific importance assisting in firming up of policy issues. The Economic Adviser is assisted by Dir ( E&S)
P&I section deals with the compilation of production data of major fertilizers- Urea, DAP and Complex Fertilizers; setting of annual and monthly production targets for all Urea, DAP & Complex Fertilizers manufacturing units; monitoring and compilation of the production data of major fertilizers on daily and monthly basis company-wise, season-wise, sector –wise and nutrient-wise formats.
This division is also entrusted with the task of preparation of Monthly D.O.letter to Cabinet Secretariat and Monthly Quick Estimate of fertilizers production for CSO, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation ( MOSPI) and Index of Industrial Production (IIP) data for MOSPI and DIPP ( M/o Commerce)
P&I section also provides production data on major fertilizers for various publications including Annual Report of DoF. Economic Survey etc. Further briefs/analytical notes are provided for formulation of policy etc.
The rapid build up of fertilizer production in the country has been achieved as a result of favourable policy environment in the Public, Cooperative and Private Sectors. At present, there are 31 large size urea plants in the country manufacturing urea, 21 units produce DAP and complex fertilizers and 2 units manufacture Ammonium Sulphate as a by-product As on 1st April, 2017 reassessed capacity of urea is 207.54 LMT and annual installed capacity of DAP and Complex Fertilizers are 147.34 LMT.
The periodical reports prepared by P&I :
- State-wise Production of Urea during 2006-07 to 2018-19 (upto July)
- State/Zone-Wise Production of Complex Fertilizers during 2006-07 TO 2018-19 (upto July, 2018)
- State-wise production of DAP from 2006-07 to 2018-19 (upto July, 2018)
- Plant-wise production of Complexe Fertilizer during 2006-07 to 2018-19 (upto July, 2018)
- Plant-wise Production of Urea during 2006-07 to 2018-19 ( up to July, 18)
- Plant-wise production of DAP during 2006-07 to 2018-19 (upto July 2018)
- Year-Wise Production of Fertilizers