Shipping Wing Under Movement is providing logistic support of fertilizers imported on Government account. At present Urea is the only fertilizer imported on Government account. Shipping wing is entrusted with the following work:-
- Making Shipping arrangements in coordination with the chartering Wing of Ministry of Shipping.
- Appointment of handling agencies for handling imported urea at various ports & distribution in the country after handling & bagging.
- Coordination with Oman India Fertilizer Company (OMIFCO) and arranging granular urea imports from Sur, Oman under long term Urea Off Take Agreement (UOTA).
- Monitoring the day to day port operation activities in respect of urea shipments.
- Settlement of Demurrage Despatch claims with Ship-Owners, Suppliers and receivers of urea cargo.
- Coordinating and providing assistant to receivers in case of Arbitrations and other litigations related to lay time calculations, shortages and damaged cargo etc.
- Movement of Fertilizers through coastal shipping & Inland Water Transport.
Shipping Wing is also monitoring arrivals of various fertilizers at India ports like DAP, MOP, MAP, TSP and various grades of NPK fertilizers. These fertilizers are imported on private account under OGL.