Gorakhpur, Sindri and Barauni units are being revived by means of a Special Purpose Vehicle of Public Sector Undertakings namely, National Thermal Power Corporation, Coal India Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited and Fertilizer Corporation India Limited/Hindustan Fertilizer Corporation Limited by setting up gas based fertilizer plants of 1.27 MMTPA capacity each. A Joint Venture company by name Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Limited (HURL) has been formed. Progress made so far is as under:
Pre project activities are under progress. The following pre-project activities have been completed in respect of all the three project:
- Geo technical investigation and topographic studies
- Hydro geological and ground water study for water availability
- Environment clearances have been obtained.
- DFR/FAR of the other two projects namely Sindri & Barauni are under preparation.
- The above three projects likely to start production by 2020.
More Information then Click Here.